School Age Children Daycare:
For Ages 6 to 12 Years
Program Goals and Objectives
Provide developmentally appropriate activities; crafts and games which challenge the children and interest them:
Friendships: centers, crafts, activities, and games as a group.
Teamwork: helping one another, working on projects together such as making things for hospitals, visiting nursing homes, putting on plays for parents, etc.
Responsibility and Independence: making choices and decisions on their own that will benefit themselves as well as others.
- Provide themselves with proper clothing when going outside
- Washing hands and feet
- Pick up after themselves, put toys away, clean up after meals
- Apply sunscreen
- Encourage children to think a problem through
- Encourage children to look at alternatives and consequences when making a decision
- Express feelings verbally and positively
- Encourage children to participate in art, games, crafts, sports, etc.
- Praise children and provide opportunities for success
- Provide a variety of choices
- Role model behavior and attitude
- Encourage children to interact with others
- Offer guidance when needed
- Encourage children to work through conflicts in a positive way
- Encourage children to take responsibility of cleaning classroom tables, toys, floors, chalkboards, etc.
- Provide opportunities for children to visit younger classrooms, to read to them and play with them.